Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Veer

Producer: Vijay Galani
Director: Anil Sharma
Cast: Salman Khan, Sohail Khan, Mithun Chakraborty, Jackie Shroff, Zarine Khan and Lisa Lazarus
Music

: Sajid-Wajid
Action: Tinu Verma

Set in the 19th century, Veer is about a brave warrior who fought against injustice. When the British ruled India with their divide-and-rule policy, the kings and nawabs fell prey to their tactics and ended up entrusting their kingdoms to the foreigners. Veer (Salman Khan), a brave Pindhari, fights for his rights and goes against his own tribesmen to save his honour. But he faces a conflict within himself when he has to fight against the king of Madhavgarh, his sworn enemy, whose daughter Yashodhara is the love of his life.

Director
Anil Sharma

After Gadar, I did not want to do another period film as I felt it would not be easy to live up to the same level of success, grandeur and emotional connect with the audience. When I approached Salman Khan for another film, he instead discussed the subject of Veer. I was so inspired by his vision and enthusiastic narrations that I felt I had to be a part of this project. I was ready to do another period film. After recreating the Partition period in Gadar, what intrigued me about Veer was the idea of presenting pre-independence India under British Raj and the London of the 19th century. I did extensive research into history. As a director, it was most exciting for me to create, shoot and live that period. It was extremely courageous of Eros International and Vijay Galani to make the film - one of the biggest projects of Indian Cinema. That itself along with Salman's involvement were huge reasons for me to do Veer.
Veer

THE BUZZ
Salman Khan has lived with the character of Veer for 20 years and the film is based on a story by the superstar himself. Khan has obviously inherited genes from his writer-father Salim Khan, who interestingly started out in films

as an actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DREAMPLEX